08. June 2012
CIMAC Cascades at ETH Zurich 2012
On June 8, 2012, the 3rd CIMAC CASCADES seminar for younger engineers was held at the ETH Swiss Institute of Technology in Zurich, Switzerland, organised by the Swiss National Member Association and the SWISSMEM Division Combustion Engines.
This year's topic was Towards the Elastic Engine – Developing Major Engine Systems in the Digital Electronic Age
In total over 100 delegates and officials from 12 countries signed up to enjoy the programme of interesting, lively and topical CASCADES presentations around the central theme of the efficiency, low emissions and flexible performance made possible by state-of-the art electronic management on modern large engines. Following welcome addresses from Yashiuro Itoh, CIMAC President and Oliver Riemenschneider, Chairman of the Swissmem Division Combustion Engines, Professor Konstantinos Boulouchos, head of the ETH’s Aerothermochemistry and Combustion Systems Laboratory, gave an excellent Keynote Speech.
The aim of CIMAC CASCADES is to bring together younger engineers and leading industry experts for information exchange and networking. The CASCADES seminar centers on case studies of topical development projects presented by younger “role models” who will describe the results of their projects, how they achieved them and the challenges faced.
- Melanie Hubacher, ABB Turbo Systems AG, Switzerland
- Elias Bürli, Wärtsilä Switzerland Ltd., Switzerland
- Markus-Christian Meier, MAN Diesel & Turbo SE, Germany
- Nora Viktoria Santa, MTU Friedrichshafen GmbH, Germany
- Marcos Gutierrez, DUAP AG, Switzerland
- Kevin Whitley, Woodward Gouvernor Nederland BV, The Netherlands
- Alex Weber, Kistler Instrumente AG, Switzerland
- Koji Edo, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Japan