CIMAC is a worldwide non-profit association consisting of National Member Associations and Corporate Members in 27 countries in America, Asia and Europe.
Who we are
We represent the large engine technology sector. This includes diesel and gas engines and gas turbines which are used for power generation, marine propulsion and locomotives. Our stakeholders include manufacturers, researchers, suppliers and users.
The values we bring
- Large combustion engine machinery is essential to the global economy, especially the maritime transport, energy and rail sectors.
- Only large combustion engines have the capacity to deliver the power density needed in these sectors. Large engine technology moves the world.
- To promote large engine technology power solutions that are efficient, reliable, safe and sustainable and of benefit to society, in pursuit of the transition to a low-carbon future.
To add value to our members’ businesses and to society by:
- Enabling exchange on technological trends and developments among our members, with their users, associated industries along the value chain [and with the public].
- Developing and promoting globally harmonized standards and regulations that foster a competitive, safe and sustainable industry.
- Striving for zero environmental impact of power solutions utilizing large engine technology.
- Facilitating safe and efficient operation, leveraging digitalization, automation and system integration.
- Promoting open markets to foster the spread and scalability of innovative large engine technology solutions.