The CIMAC Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Strategy Group consists of over twenty members from ten countries, including representatives of engine manufacturers, component suppliers, engineering companies and classification societies.
Aim and scope of the GHG Strategy Group
- To strategically work on the topic of GHG reduction in the shipping sector
- To work on positioning the large engine industry regarding the IMO GHG Strategy and the Paris Agreement
- To serve as an information channel on the GHG Topic within CIMAC
- To liaise with other CIMAC working groups on technical expertise
- To prepare submissions to national/international organizations
- To prepare CIMAC publications on the topic of GHG reduction on a strategical level
- Position Paper on "Future Marine eFuels"
- Position Paper on "Zero Carbon Energy Sources for Shipping" and related White Papers 1 and 2
- White Paper 3 "Efficiencies and Maturities of (Net) Zero Carbon Fuel Pathways" and White Paper 4 "Importance of a Well-to-Wake Approach"