- To develop regulations and standards in system integration (e.g. EEDI definitions and implementation rules).
The Working Group will ideally consist of engine builders, engineering companies, research organisations, system component suppliers such as electrical equipment & automation, controls, batteries, gears, propulsors and thrusters, heat exchangers, steam turbines, and system integrators including engine users, shipyards, and Classification Societies.
- To input and engage the component industry for shipping and land based applications
- To develop hybrid system design principles
- To input on the development of the internal combustion engines in diesel-electric installations
- To discuss development drivers for energy efficiency optimisation concepts in ships or land based applications
- To contribute to the development and promulgation of multi-source energy system design optimisations for ships and land based power plants
- To input and contribute in the development of regulations with Classification Societies, adjusting the existing rules to cope with the state-of-the-art in system integration design principles
- Regular meetings are held once every six months and usually hosted by one of our members.
- Guideline CIMAC WG 20 - Virtual System Integration & Simulation: A Performance-oriented Approach for Guiding System Simulation in the Field of Hybrid Marine Applications (05/2023)