Who we are
Our WG has 44 members from 15 countries with the following representation:
- 16 members from engine manufacturers / ship builders.
- 15 members from universities / research institutes.
- 8 members from component suppliers.
- 3 members from classification societies.
- 2 members from ship owners /operators.
What we do
The aim of the working group is to discuss and contribute in an international, cross-industry forum on the implications of exhaust emissions and regulations for the marine industry and land-based power plants.
Our current projects and activities
- Review of marine and power plant emission regulatory development – IMO, World Bank, Europe, USA, Japan, China, etc.
- Discussion and preparation of documents on black carbon emissions from ships.
Meetings are held twice a year and are hosted in turn by each member company.