Why is CIMAC and your Working Group important to the industry?
CIMAC represents an ideal, open platform to meet with interested members of the gas engine industry from many different branches (OEMs, suppliers, class societies, Oil & gas industry, universities, etc.). This allows to get into contact with many other colleagues and thus to extend the worldwide network. The exchange of experience and information as well as the possibility to align on common positions which really enable us to move things are key-benefits.
What are the major goals of your Working Group?
- Discussion and information/experience exchange of relevant topics which affects gas engines in their application, design, operation and future development.
- Starting initiatives in cooperation with other WGs, VDMA, class societies, EUROMOT etc. to support regulations authorities and gremiums with aligned proposals
- Align official position statements with regard to - Questions which are addressed by other CIMAC-WG, or other bodies, important/key topics we would like to offer to other CIMAC-WGs and interested bodies to give them the right information on hand
- Give aligned comments to authors on publications which contain statements we do not share
- Support other CIMAC-WGs.
What have you already achieved & what are the next steps?
- Several position papers have already been published and are available on the CIMAC web page. New positon papers are already in work. New projects for position papers will be launched.
- Several successful proposals for revision/updates of regulations (e.g. IGF-Code).
- Finalization of proposal for revision of regulation for crank case safety together with WG2.
- Decision on position paper addressing the challenges of new alternative fuels for gas engines.